I studied history, languages and philosophy in school. I was very interested in the roles justice, law, liberties, and freedom played in society. I later decided that I wanted to be a lawyer in a legal system that offered the promise of establishing justice and fairness for those who were most in need. The best part of my 25 years of practicing law has been focusing my efforts to help those whom I think have some of the greatest needs: workers injured on the job.
- Best Lawyers in America
- J.D., Southern Illinois University College of Law, 1991
- B.A., University of Iowa, 1986
- Iowa and Illinois State Bar Associations
- Linn County Bar Association
- Iowa Association of Workers’ Compensation Lawyers
- Worker’s Injury Law and Advocacy Group (WILG)
- Iowa Association for Justice
- Football and Basketball
- Hawkeye Football and Basketball
The claimant sustained a work-related injury to her right hip, including a labral tear, in addition to the stipulated back injury. As such, it’s found that the claimant is entitled to payment by defendants for all medical expenses related to the hip injury. It’s also found that the claimant is entitled to receive temporary total disability benefits while she was off work following her surgery.