I put on my law school application that I wanted to represent Iowa labor unions and their members. I feel as strongly about that today as I did 14 years ago but have added representing injured Iowans, victims of wage theft and wrongful termination to my practice. I am only a lawyer because it allows me to go to work every day to represent people who genuinely need help.
- J.D., University of Iowa College of Law, 2007
- B.S.F.S., Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, 2001
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Linn County Bar Association
- First Presbyterian Church of Mount Vernon Church (Session Member)
- Hawkeye Labor Council Executive Board
- Linn County Democrats Central Committee
- Abu el Banat
Healthcare workers filed a law suit against the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, alleging they aren’t being paid on time for extra work. The plaintiffs hoped to have the case recognized as a class action, and say there are thousands of potential members who also not being paid in a timely fashion. Attorney Nate Willems represented the workers.